blog how to, blog trick, blog tips, tutorial blog, blog hack
Get paid To Promote at any Location

Monday, June 29, 2009

When Art Meets Insanity


I consider myself to be pretty open minded. I try and look at every idea I'm presented with from different angles and then come to my own conclusions or opinions. I believe in UFO's, I like to read about conspiracy theories and I'm toying with the idea of reptilian shapeshifters (long story) presented by the world renowned Davide Icke but there are some things in this world I just cant' wrap my head around.

Gunther Van Hogens is a man with some freaky ideas on art. If you havent heard of him, consider yourself lucky. I was eating a bowl of Kelloggs Corn Flakes when I came across his story and let's just say my appetite went right out the window. His claim to fame, if I can even call it that, is using human corpses in his art pieces. He rearranges them in different poses, can anyone say Ted Bundy reincarnated?? He describes himself as a plastinator because he removes the fluids and fats from bodies and replaces it with plastic resin. Pause for effect....

He performed a public autopsy in 2002, the first in over 170 years in Britain and once again he's causing a stir with a new exhibition that's going to be shown in Berlin, The Cycle Of Life. In one piece, he has two corpses in a pose that let's say is frowned upon in public. Yes you guessed it, getting it on from beyond the grave or platform in this case. Tasteless joke, forgive me.

Don't get me wrong, this is no joke, people are up in arms about this, saying it's indecent and offensive and I cant help but agree but what I find funny is the fact that a person can actually get away with things like this, all in the name of art. Religion and art people, it's the way forward in getting what you want and not having to pay the consequences. Admittedly, that was a stab at religion, one of the many conspiracy theories that I've been reading lately but back to the Plastinator, the man is clearly not well and needs to be evaluated by a professional, I'm all for freedom of artistic expression but isn't this crossing a line?

I don't actually know, Leonardo Da Vinci, a man of vision and genius was considered deranged in his time but he was experimenting to find out about the human body, something they didnt know too much about back then, what's the Plastinator's excuse? All I know for sure is HE'LL BE BACK. I know, I know.....