blog how to, blog trick, blog tips, tutorial blog, blog hack
Get paid To Promote at any Location

Friday, October 2, 2009

International Smile Day


The sun is shining, the weather is sweet and I'm smiling. To be honest, it's more like a stupid grin. For some unknown reason, today feels good. I think this was the first morning in a string of mornings that I found myself smiling as I unlocked my car door. Then, to my delight, I heard on the radio that it's International Smile Day. What a coincidence! It feels like I'm strolling through a rerun of the Brady Bunch, smiling people and good, wholesome times. Maybe even something out of the Love Boat. Everyday should be International Smile Day.

Thinking of this day, I realized that people don't smile enough, laugh enough, play enough. The other night while brushing my teeth, my partner made a funny gesture, let's just say it was clean but not appropriate blog material and I almost fell over backwards laughing. I was clutching my stomach in sheer hilariousness (if there is such a word) and I couldn't honestly remember the last time I had laughed so hard. It felt amazing. Isn't it incredible what a gut wrenching laugh can do? What I don't understand is why we don't do it more often?

I was driving in my car this morning feeling like I could conquer the world and a car pulled up next to me at the robot. As I sat humming a tune and smiling form ear to ear, I looked over at a little boy sitting in the backseat, he looked a little miserable and sleepy. I remember those mornings on the way to school, the last thing I felt like doing was smiling. So as he turned to look at me with his blank stare and his chubby cheeks, I started dancing ad pulling faces at him, I was acting like a mad person. I started laughing and I could see a small smile of shock and maybe even a hint of amusement cross his face.

As I drove away, I found myself still having a good laugh for a few minutes. I like to think that he laughed too, even if it was at a crazy lady. Laughter truly is the best medicine and I will be smiling and laughing the whole of today and who knows maybe even tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that..........Let's hope happiness and cheer spreads like a wild fire, one small step that won't change the world but it's a start and that's all we really need. Keep smiling!