blog how to, blog trick, blog tips, tutorial blog, blog hack
Get paid To Promote at any Location

Friday, October 23, 2009

Marge Simpson the Vixen!















My brother is the biggest Simpsons fan on the planet, as cliche as that sounds I can say that with absolute certainty. I remember visiting him one sunny afternoon and I was secretly ushered into his room, he had told me that he needed to show me something. He pulled a pillow case out of his desk draw and I was trying not to look too puzzled when he pulled out a comic of the Simpsons and held it so carefully that I had to stifle a giggle. This was serious.....from that day on I classified my brother as a lost cause, a lost soul caught in the world of the Simpsons. Posters, figurines, DVD's, the works. He once sat on an online quiz and tried to answer 150 of the most difficult Simpsons related Trivia, he got to 130 and was devastated when he got one wrong and couldn't continue.

With this in mind, every time I hear about anything related to the Simpsons, I think of him and his weirdness that makes him such a special part of our family. I'm not a Simpsons die hard fan, I'm more of an avid Desperate Housewives watcher. But I came across a story this morning that caught my attention because I vaguely remember my brother saying something about it, after a while you switch off to the thousands of Simpson's facts and I couldn't help but enjoy reading it.

Marge Simpson, the wife of Homer Simpson, has appeared nude on the cover of November's Playboy to mark the 20th anniversary of the show. The blue-haired housewife became the first cartoon character to appear in the adult magazine, with her modesty concealed by a Playboy bunny-shaped chair. Inside, she features in a three-page spread including a centrefold pullout, and there is an interview entitled "The Devil in Marge Simpson". Playboy founder Hugh Hefner said an alternative cover, featuring lingerie model Alina Puscau, would also be available, adding: "True fans will want both." He also revealed that the raunchy shots, which show Bart, Lisa and Maggie's mother in various states of undress, were taken by her husband Homer.

As much as appreciated the show when I did watch it, I was reminded by this, what an icon it has become, millions of fans from around the world revel in this kind of stuff. They've become our alternative family and an hilarious one at that. Way to go Marge! You look hot!