blog how to, blog trick, blog tips, tutorial blog, blog hack
Get paid To Promote at any Location

Friday, October 16, 2009

Not A Laughing Matter

I'm never surprised at the true nature of human beings. An American woman caused an absolute riot in a clothing store by claiming that she had won the lottery and that she was paying for everyone's purchases who were in the store at the time. Of course, everyone loves a freebie so like moths to the flame, people were frantically grabbing what they could and running to the till. It turns out that this woman didn't have a cent to her name and let's just say she is clearly not a well person.

So instead of being civilized and walking away, maybe uttering a few words about the nasty hoax, people started throwing merchandise around and stealing! It's a difficult time, an unrelenting recession, but does that give people the right to behave like hooligans? I think not. Ms Brown, the loony culprit, was arrested on three outstanding warrants for aggravated menacing, misuse of a 911 system and causing false alarms. I actually feel sorry for her, she's clearly mentally disturbed and instead of people taking a closer look at her and her claims, they ran to the tills.

Are we that desperate for something free? Or I'm I being a little too judgmental on this? I'm not sure how I would react in that kind of situation because thankfully it's never happened to me, but I do know that I would have been a little more wary than the average joe. Every heard of there is no such thing as a free lunch? I have and from past experience with people, trust is earned and I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting someone to pay for my items that I've just met. But then again, I suppose every circumstance is different, if I was struggling to make ends meat and couldn't afford "luxury items" like clothes, that would be some kind of a god send. I suppose that's my true Libran way of thinking, I'm always on the fence.

So if you happen to be in a store and a woman comes in claiming to have won the lottery, you know what to do....