blog how to, blog trick, blog tips, tutorial blog, blog hack
Get paid To Promote at any Location

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Not So Happy Hour




I've always firmly believed that alcohol is always being misused and can cause as much chaos as drugs, I know I sound like a bit of a prude but from past experience I can say with absolute certainty that there are people out there that simply cannot handle their liquor. I'm not against people drinking, I'm against the their actions when they are intoxicated.

Barcelona has currently instituted a ban on Happy Hour because of the disruptions caused by tourists getting drunk because of cheap prices. Why only have one beer, when you can buy two and get one free? or pay the same amount for two beers as you would normally pay for one? This is when it becomes a hassle. I agree with the government on this on. Just because their are special prices doesn't mean you can lose complete control and end up making a mess that someone else is going to have to clean up. I mean that in the literal and figurative sense.

I'm always amazed at how people go on and on about smokers. Treating us (yes I am a smoker) like the black plague but they don't seem to have a problem with drinkers who can vandalize property, become violent and beat each other up, the list is endless. Priorities, as human beings we are always getting that one wrong, what should be first on our list usually comes last.

I'm really all for having a rip roaring party and letting lose by having a couple of drinks but I can honestly say that I have never behaved in a derogatory manner or made a (complete) fool of myself. It was always good, clean fun. Nothing wrong with that. But of course, now the decent folk have been denied their half prices because of the actions of the unruly but I believe it's for the greater good. What do you think?