blog how to, blog trick, blog tips, tutorial blog, blog hack
Get paid To Promote at any Location

Monday, October 19, 2009

Snow White Turns Filthy Black















It's finally happened, a beloved character of the wholesome trademark that is Disney has been violated by a beer company. And I found it quite hilarious, but my mind seems to live in the gutter, so I might not be the best judge on what is truly funny and pure filth.

A raunchy advert has been released by The Foundry and depicts a smuttier version of Snow White, now known as Ho White and seven almost naked dwarves all in bed puffing on smokes clearly after a very good time. Seven dwarves, does that equal one man? The dwarves have been renamed Filthy, Smarmy and Randy, I'm really trying not to let out a scream of laughter. So you're probably wondering what the point of this ad is, well it's simple. Campaign creators The Foundry claimed the idea was to convince Australian drinkers that the fruit-flavored beer was "anything but sweet". I think they got their point across quite well.

But Disney giants are not expected to take this lying down. And who blames them? Any parent would have a hard time explaining that one to the kids. I am actually a very big fan of Disney, I have been since the age of 4, I even collect all their special edition DVD's that are released from the Disney vault. I try not to tell people that but it helps me get my point across. I'm clearly besotted with Disney and its characters but I can still appreciate the humor in these kinds of adverts. I don't think it was very smart to take on Disney and their licensing rights but I still managed to have a good chuckle.