blog how to, blog trick, blog tips, tutorial blog, blog hack
Get paid To Promote at any Location

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Into The Wild

If you think carefully about what binds you to the society we live in today, it's money. Money makes the world go round and some of us thrive on that. But we've lost our connection to the earth. No I am not a raging hippie so please don't dismiss what I'm writing as crazy babble, I'm a consumer who loves to shop and distract myself from the stresses of life by slipping on a shiny new pair of shoes, but as I'm sure we all know that high doesn't last long, that's why we continue spending.

So one day, a movie was recommended to me, Into the Wild. It was a story that touched me deeply, a young man trying to break free from the confines of a repressing society and make a soulful journey to Alaska in search of himself and peace. Now, I also believe that he was running away from a past that haunted him and that he should have been a little more prepared in the wild and because he wasn't it ultimately cost him his life. But I can't help but feel a deep sense of admiration for him, he had the courage to do what most of us would consider our very worst fear. To be honest, I think we are conditioned to live in fear, with fear comes control but I suppose I'm sounding crazy enough as it is with what I'm saying.

Mark Boyle is another example of letting it go and riding the wave called nature. Relying completely on the earth to sustain you. He was a successful businessman, who found the stresses of modern day living soul destroying so he gave it all up and now relies mostly on what the earth can provide for him. He claims it has brought him a peace that is unrivaled and that he wouldn't trade this life he's chosen for anything. That's quite a statement. I don't think that this life can be anything glamorous, the things we take for granted would be considered luxuries. Hot water, fridge, running water, are a few of the things that spring to my mind. But for a higher sense of purpose, direction and peace would you be willing to give all that up? I can't say that I'm totally repulsed by the idea.